Insight Support Services and Education Program
Behaviour programming for children and youth with complex behaviour.
• Individual programs are developed using current evidence-based best practices for individuals with complex developmental challenges.
• Consultants work in partnership with parents/caregivers, school and community team members to complete a Functional Behaviour Assessment and develop and implement a Comprehensive Behaviour Plan.
• Consultants focus on skills development, believing that challenging behaviour is most often the result of lagging or missing skills.
• Consultants focus on strengthening the skills of individuals but also the skills of the adults in the child’s circle.
• Plans are reviewed and adjusted as individuals develop skills and priorities change. • All approaches and strategies are positive, proactive and strength-based interventions.
• Respectful relationships are core to all work on behalf of individuals and families. • This service is often provided in an individual’s environment and community, with scheduling dependent on the needs of the individual being served.
Behaviour support, Emotion regulation skills, Life Skills, Social Skills, Employment Skills and Mentorship.
• Relationship-based interventions and skill development.
• Person-centred, one-to-one interventions and activities work towards mutually agreed-upon goals.
• Services are delivered on a flexible timetable in various locations pertinent to an individual’s interests and goals.
• Small groups of children and youth of similar ages with shared interests, strengths, and challenges.
• All groups are facilitated by qualified staff.
• Groups are activity-based with a Social Competency curriculum embedded in all activities.
• Many group activities follow a Relationship Development Intervention approach with a goal of authentic friendships developing within the group.
• Group curriculum adjusts as group members mature.
Insight Support Services
929 McGill Road, Kamloops, British Columbia V2C 6E9, Canada
Insight Education Program acknowledges that we are situated on the traditional and unceded lands of the Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc within Secwépemc’ulucw, the traditional territory of the Secwépemc people. We recognize that this territory has always been a place of teaching, learning and research, and we continue these traditions. We acknowledge the Secwepemc people who have been here for thousands of years. We acknowledge the many Indigenous Peoples from across this land.
This program is waitlisted for the 2024/2025 school year. Parents of potential students may contact us to be placed on the waitlist. We apologize for this inconvenience. It is essential for us to provide the best service possible to our students and their families. Please contact us to apply for this program or with any questions.